Tuesday, February 12, 2013

I have some catching up to do.  I've been doing a lot of biking and have been preoccupied with work and other parts of my life.  I will report soon on finished and ongoing projects. 
Right now I want to show you all the lovely swatches  have dyed on the past couple of days.  I have a crewel pattern in the works and am looking for some bright colors.

These 8-value swatches have all been dyed with single prochem dyes--no formulas, using 1/4 tsp dye for each set.

I've learned a few things through the process and look forward to perfecting my skills.  The most important lesson so far...be patient.  It takes time.  Now I understand why swatches are so expensive.

2 comments:

  1. I love your swatches. They turned out nice. I never used Prochem and used Cushing dyes formulas that I put together. It's fun to do when I have the time.
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a nice blog ,Thank you for sharing.-

    It will may help you :-
    anti static rubber mat for sale

    ReplyDelete