Friday, March 29, 2013

Scroll Sampler

I started "Scroll Sampler", a Jane McGown Flynn pattern at Western McGown Teacher's workshop in 2011.  As is my normal method of operating, the edges are not yet finished.  I do, however have a plan--one I am actually quite excited about.

Scroll Sampler, Hooked by: Sharlene Washington, Designer:  Jane McGown Flynn


My teacher (and person who dyed the wool I used) was Le Ann Rudolph.  The wool strips were dip dyed over a variety of base wool colors using the same dye formula.  This gave each piece a bit of variation, yet kept them related so they would look good in the same piece.




One of my friends who hooks with me on Thursday night brought me this footstool.  She found it at a garage sale for $3.  I eyeballed it and soon came to the conclusion it would be a perfect fit for my scroll sampler.  Since I need to turn in my sampler for a critique and they must be able to see the back of it, I am in a bit of a quandary about how to finish it so I can satisfy both purposes.  Any suggestions?


1 comment:

  1. I think so. I think your article will give those people a good reminding. And they will express thanks to you later
    magnolia home rugs

    ReplyDelete