Thursday, January 27, 2011

Bragging...



My spaghetti sauce recipe was named one of the top 10 recipes of 2010 out of over 400,000 recipes on Food.com (formerly Recipezaar.com).

The JoMama in JoMama's World Famous Spaghetti has a story behind it.  Several years ago my daughter was renting a house with a couple of roommates (pre cell phone).  I called the house to talk to her and one of the roommates answered.  She handed the phone off to my daughter who asked, "Who is it?"  "Your mama" was the reply.  My daughter heard "JoMama".  Who is JoMama? she thought.  She didn't know anyone named JoMama.  Anyway, it was funny and I ended up getting tagged with that nickname.

The recipe has been a family favorite for many years.  It also makes a great sauce for lasagna!  You can find the recipe by clicking this link!

My kids pointed out to me that if you do a Google search for "spaghetti" my recipe is the first result you will get.  I'm pretty proud!

2 comments:

  1. One of the funniest JoMama sauce stories I've experienced:
    Friend invited me over for dinner. Her mom was in town and making spaghetti for everyone. She was given the recipe from several ladies she worked with in So. Cal. She said it was the best sauce she had ever tasted and couldnt wait to share with us. I asked her what the recipe was... And when she shared that it was JoMama's we all laughed. I had to tell her that my mom was JoMama!!

    ReplyDelete