Monday, January 17, 2011

It’s great to get out!

We had a foggy start this morning, but when the sun came out and it got a little warmer, Brittany and I decided to go for a bike ride.  We had wanted to do a longer ride, but ended up choosing to ride on Los Gatos Creek Trail.

GOPR1951

I have set some goals for my riding for the year.  It is helping me get in shape physically and it is so mentally relaxing as well.  I set short-term goals as well as longer goals.  
  • Short:  Every 30 days I set a new goal to hit 300 miles in 30 days.  I don't always make it, but it helps me get to a longer goal of 1000 miles in 100 days. 
  • Longer:  I am into my 2nd 1000 mile challenge.  I just missed making it last time because I ended up having bronchitis the last three weeks of the challenge.  I figured make the goal again during the heavy rainy season would be a challenge, but I opted in again.
  • Even Longer!:  I got this idea from someone else's blog, shebicycles.com--I am going to try to ride my bike 330 days out of 365 this year.  Anything counts because it all adds up.  Sometimes the most difficult part of going for a ride is making the decision to do it.


GOPR1958

Biking provides time to think...sometimes I listen to an audio book that I have uploaded to my cell phone...and sometimes I just like to listen to the sounds around me.  Nothing like going fast to make me feel like a teenager again.  What I need now is my teenage body back!  I’m on my way though.  Since I made the commitment to ride I have lost 11 pounds!
 
GOPR1986
Satisfying my need to speed...

1 comment:

  1. Yay for bike riding! You have set yourself some awesome goals and it sounds like they are already paying off! I *love* that last picture - I feel like I'm speeding along on my own bike! :-)

    ReplyDelete