Monday, October 25, 2010

Color Planning - Hydrangeas

Here are a couple of photos of the colors I want to use in my Hydrangeas.  I am thinking of using a casserole dye technique--scrunching up the wool and then pouring the dye on in rows, then mashing with a potato masher to smoosh the colors together at the edges.  We did some like this in Michelle Macarelli's dye workshop and I have been waiting for an opportunity to try it out.


I think I will start with a hint of pale green, then a pale rosy pink, then pale blue.  Smooshed, I should get the green edges, pink, violet and blue.  Then maybe a separate dye pot with the darker rosy pink going from light on one end to darker on the other.  I need to get out all of my dye equipment and hopefully, I will have the right color dyes to get started.




\

No comments:

Post a Comment