Monday, October 4, 2010

I'm In Print!

It is official, the magazine is published and I finally have a copy in my hands. My Art Deco Peacock rug is featured in this year's Celebration of Hand-Hooked Rugs, 20th Anniversary Edition published by Rug Hooking Magazine. I am humbled and honored to have my rug featured among the other beautiful and unique works of art in this publication.





Thanks to my son-in-law, Jason Parmentier, who took the photographs. They did my rug justice and I feel the quality of the photograph is such an important part of getting your rug considered. It is a rather large rug and he did an excellent job of squaring it up and presenting it true to life.


I am also grateful to my good friend and rug-hooker Lena Krinard. I have followed in her footsteps, and have learned so much from her. She and I both looked at the same book of linoleum rug ideas at different times. She saw a potential hooked rug and I saw a beautiful linoleum rug. She was gracious enough to allow me to work on the same pattern as she was--yet again. You have such good taste Lena! Of my five "completed" rugs, four of them are rugs I have in common with Lena. I do have to say, however, two of them I started first!

1 comment: