Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Let's Get it Done Already!

I have a dirty little secret...


... I have a stack of unfinished projects.


Now you know.


I love the hooking, but for some reason I'm off to the next project leaving my beautiful rugs rolled up and stacked in the dark waiting for me to have the motivation to finally bind the edges.  What is funny, once I get started with the binding it isn't near as much of a chore as I had imagined. 






My Art Deco Peacock sat for about a year and a half (right along with my November rug that was finished a couple of years earlier).  It was so wonderful getting them up on the wall I couldn't imagine what took me so long to get them done.










I now have a small stack of other projects that are waiting for their moment of glory.  Time to get it done!   The first one I am taking on is a cat's paw that I just adore.  It has been so long since I serged the edges I can't remember who the designer was.
 


I decided to finish the edges with rows of hit and miss and now I'm binding it in a continuation of that pattern.  I like how it is coming out.







About 1 1/4 inch rolled toward front with no cord (fold half in and baste first)

No comments:

Post a Comment