Friday, October 15, 2010

Urban Farming

I ran across Suzanne McMinn's blog a while back.  The title caught my eye "Chicken In the Road" and I have enjoyed reading some of her posts.  She has chickens, goats and cows as far as I know, having given up an urban life for a more rural lifestyle.  Her post today was about making cheese from her own goats.  What fun.  It takes a while to mature, I can only imagine her excitement about cutting into that first round of cheese.


I'm a city girl, but just this summer plunged into urban farming by getting 8 chickens.  Of course I didn't ask my husband because he would have said no and then where would I have been.  When he met "the girls" he didn't object nearly as much as I expected (but what could he say at that point).  He said, "I really don't want to come home one day and find a cow on the back lawn".  Maybe he wouldn't notice a goat...

1 comment:

  1. LOL If you can pull off the goat thing, women all over the world will be coming to you for advice.

    ReplyDelete